It is our aim that children will acquire an enthusiasm for learning about the past through the wide range of periods and significant people they study. They will develop a chronologically secure understanding of local, British and world history. They will build their knowledge using a range of sources and learn to evaluate the validity of each. Opportunities for visits outside school, and visitors to it, are valuable experiences used to enhance learning.
Read the quotes below to see what our pupils enjoy about History lessons at Middlewich Primary School.
- "I have enjoyed learning how to use timelines to see what order events happen." (year 1 pupil)
- "Learning about 'The Great Fire of London' was very interesting." (year 2 pupil)
- "I have enjoyed learning about the Stone Age village of Skara Brae because I never knew that it existed." (year 3 pupil)
- "I have really enjoyed learning about the Ancient Egyptians and how they helped to shape modern society." (year 4)
- "I enjoyed learning about Sutton Hoo. We were detectives, finding out about the past and it was very adventurous!" (year 5 pupil)
- "I like the order that we learn about history in because we can see how people and places have developed." (year 6 pupil)