5B Blog 04.05.2020

Date: 4th May 2020 @ 9:09am

Good morning 5B! 

I hope you all had a lovely weekend. It looks like the weather should be better this week (fingers crossed). 

Your home learning overview can be found on our class page. Simply go to 'Class Pages'; choose 5B and scroll down until you see 'Files to Download' - 'Year 5 Home Learning wb 04.05.20'. Have a look through all of the activities. If you have any questions, please reply to this blog or use Purple Mash 2Email. 

This Friday, the country will be celebrating the 75th anniversary of VE Day, so your design and technology task relates to this. 

We have fallen to 6th place now on TT Rockstars. Come on 5B; let’s make a real effort this week to improve our studio times. We have also set a battle starting today against 5W. Who will win? Let the battle commence! 

Well done for all your hard work last week! It was lovely to see so many of you blog and email. I'm really impressed with what I'm hearing and seeing. Thank you for sharing your findings in science and interesting facts about the Anglo-Saxons on our blog. I love reading your work - you're all making me VERY proud! This week, please share your English and geography work with us on our class blog. 

I look forward to hearing from you all. Have a good week everyone.smiley

Mrs Berry 

Post your comment

Etienne wrote:

Thank you for the zoom lesson

Reply to this thread

Daniel wrote:

Hi Mrs Berry,
I really enjoined the zoom lesson it was really great that I got to see some of my classmates faces and to know that everyone is ok.
Stay safe
Daniel

Reply to this thread

Jack M wrote:

Hi everyone. Hope ur doing great today. I have done my white rose maths, some english some TT and i am about to do some art with my dads friend from school on YouTube!
Stay Safe
Jack M
xxx

Reply to this thread

Ollie W wrote:

I was really exited to see some friends in the zoom call today. It was lovely to see Mrs Berry, Miss Worden and Mrs Spreadbury too. I'm looking forward to the next one.
Stay Safe
Ollie

Reply to this thread

Mrs Berry wrote:

Hi Etienne,

You're very welcome! Thank you for joining and sharing what you've been up to. It was lovely to see you.

Mrs Berry

Reply to this thread

Mrs Berry wrote:

Hi Daniel,

I'm glad you enjoyed the zoom lesson and thank you for sharing all the work you've been doing.

Mrs Berry

Reply to this thread

Mrs Berry wrote:

Hi Jack,

I'm good thank you - how are you? I'm glad you've been on TT for Team 5B! We must win this battle against 5W.

Is this the artist you mentioned in your email who produces amazing sketches of Disney characters?

Mrs Berry

Reply to this thread

Mrs Berry wrote:

Hi Ollie,

I hope you enjoyed today's zoom call. It is very exciting to see everyone! I couldn't stop smiling all the way through the calls. It was lovely to see you too. Thank you for sharing your work with us. Your sketch of William Shakespeare was very impressive!

Mrs Berry

Reply to this thread

Owen wrote:

Hi,is everyone ok

Reply to this thread

Isabelle Butler wrote:

Hi

Reply to this thread

Jack M wrote:

Hi Mrs Berry.
It was the artist i told you about. Yesterday i drew a pirate with him. I am going to do some more TT today and am determined to climb the leaderboard to top scorer.
Have a lovely day!
Stay Safe,
Jack M
xxx

Reply to this thread

Albie wrote:

Hi everyone,
Here are my river questions.
1) Name the river that runs through Newcastle?
2) What is the river that runs through Liverpool and flows into the Irish sea?
3) What is hte largest river in the UK?
4) Which river runs through the Spelga Reservoir and into the Atlantic Ocean?
5) Which river flows through North Wales and England?
6)What river in Scotland flows into the North sea?
7) Which is the source of the Exe?
A) Exe source
B) Exe head
C) Exe mouth
8) It flows into the English Channel. What river is this river?
9) Which river flows through Stone, Staffordshire, Rugley, Burdon-upon-Trent and Stoke on Trent?
10) This river is in Scotland and starts with a 'C'. Which one is it?

(I will post the answers once some people have answered the questions).
Take care,
Albie

P.S I hope you enjoyed the questions!

Reply to this thread

Ollie W wrote:

Hi everyone this is my toad opinion hope you enjoy.

The barge woman thinks toad is “A horrid, nasty, crawly Toad...”’ Whereas, Toad believes he is “a very well-known, respected, distinguished Toad!”
I agree with both because Toad is disrespectful to most animals. He stole the same motor car twice and didn’t show any guilt from prison. He also has no respect for the law. So that makes him horrid and nasty.
On the other hand, Toad believes he is very well-known, respected and a distinguished animal but he is actually the opposite of all of these apart from very well known but that is what he thinks.
Ollie

Reply to this thread

Mrs Berry wrote:

Hi Owen,

I'm good thank you - how are you? How's the work going this week?

Mrs Berry

Reply to this thread

Mrs Berry wrote:

Hi Izzy,

It's lovely to hear from you. How are you?

Mrs Berry

Reply to this thread

Mrs Berry wrote:

Hi Jack,

It sounds like you enjoyed your drawing session yesterday! If you can, send me a picture of your work via Purple Mash I'd love to see it. I love that fighting spirit Jack! I have no doubt when you're focused you can achieve anything. I will keep a close eye on that leaderboard!

This battle on TT is incredibly close! In fact the closest battle I've ever seen! Come on 5B we can do this!

I hope you're having a lovely day.

Mrs Berry

Reply to this thread

Mrs Berry wrote:

Hi Albie,

Thank you for sharing your quiz with us! You've got a great range of questions and I love how you've included technical vocabulary. I'm going to complete your quiz tonight and I'll get back to you tomorrow with my answers.

I hope other people post their work so you can have a go at completing theirs.

Have you been on any more adventures since we last spoke?

Thank you again Albie!

Mrs Berry

Reply to this thread

Ollie W wrote:

Geography River Quiz

1.Which River that starts with the Letter M flows into the Irish Sea?
2.What is the longest River in the UK?
3.Which River flows through London?
4.Which 3 lettered River starts with and ends with the same letter?
5.What is D-T-E-W-E an anagram of?
6.Which River flows through Cumbria?
7.Which River is known for dramatic flooding after storms and is also the 3rd longest River in the UK?
8.Which River flows into the Atlantic Ocean?
9.Which River forms part of the border between England & Wales?
10.Which River beginning with the letter T is 70 miles long?

I'm going to have a go at Albie's questions and email him on purple mash.

Albie wrote:

Hi Ollie - here is my answers to your questions
1) The river Mersy
2) The river Severn
3) The river Thames
4) The river Exe
5) The river
6) The river Tyne
7) The rive

Albie wrote:

Hi Ollie here is the rest of the answers to your questions
5) The river Clyde
7) The river Trent
8) The river Bann
9) The river Dee
10) The river Tay
Take care,
Albie (◠‿・)

P.S I will post my answers on Monday

Reply to this thread

Mrs Berry wrote:

Hi Ollie,

Thank you for sharing your English work with us. You put forward a good case and clearly make your point with a strong explanation. I love your range of sentence starters in particular 'On the other hand' and how you've used evidence from the text to support your opinion.

Great work Ollie! I wonder if anyone agrees with you and shares the same opinion?

Mrs Berry

Reply to this thread

Daniel wrote:

Hello Mrs Berry and 5B,

Here is my Wind in the Willows argument.
The barge woman thinks Toad is 'A horrid, nasty, crawly Toad...' . I disagree with this because I don't think that Toad is really meaning to be like that. However, to people who don't really know him that is how he comes across because of his mindless, foolish behaviour, such as, stealing the motorcar and escaping from prison.
Toad believes he is 'a very well-known, respected, distinguished Toad!' . I agree with Toad being very well known although this is only because of his actions which keep getting him into trouble and that is why people know him. I do not think that he is respected but I believe that his friends adore him for the light-hearted Toad that he is.

Take care,
Daniel

Reply to this thread

owen wrote:

Hi Mrs Berry,
I am really good thank you.The homework is great . we are winning on ttrockstars only by a bit .On ttrockstars my highest score is 212.

Reply to this thread

Albie wrote:

Hi everybody here is my opinion about Toad,
I think that Toad is rude, a theif and sometimes naughty. But he is also very-well-known. He is he also used to e respected and distinguished. The reason I think this is because he stole a motorcar twice and the bargewoman's horse. But the reason he is very well known is because he has stolen quite a few times.

I think he used to respected and distinguished because he was well mannered and kind untill he got obbsesed by the motorcar and got thrown into prison. Then he stole twice, again a motorcar and then a horse.

Take care,
Albie (◠‿◕)

Reply to this thread

Jack M wrote:

Hi Mrs Bery!
Just wanted to tell you that as ive started to play the cornet now instead of piano, for VE day in the 2 minute silence i will be playing The Last Post. Its very challenging but ive been getting the high notes really well. PS me and my mum have been doing the bunting so cant wait to see what iit looks like!
Stay Safe
Jack M
xxx

Miss Wilson wrote:

Wow Jack - that is amazing! You should be really proud of yourself. You must have been working hard to learn The Last Post. Well done!

Enjoy tomorrow and good luck :).

Reply to this thread

Daniel wrote:

Hi guys I have done my River quiz questions can you answer any of them?
Which river begins with a T and is 346 km long?
Which is the longest river in the UK?
Which river is located in Northern Ireland and flows into the Atlantic Ocean?
Which is the third is the longest river in the UK?
Which river is 106 miles and 172 km?
Which river is in the south-west of England and begins with an E?
Which river is located at Tayside?
Which river is 68 miles and runs through Chester?
What river is located in Northumberland and begins with a T?
Which river that begins with an M has a song written about it?
Take care
Daniel

Reply to this thread

Jack M wrote:

Morning everyone! For todays White Rose Maths session i could not get the answers up. Could u please have a look Mrs Berry?

Reply to this thread

owen wrote:

hi everyone we all need to go on ttrockstars. we are losing

Reply to this thread

Daniel wrote:

After watching the wind in the willows I found out that the book and the movie are very similar. There are only a few differences such as, in the movie Mole is stopped by rabbits after he first leaves his underground home and he barges them out the way whereas in the book Mole isn’t stopped by rabbits and plays in the meadow until he stumbles upon the river and sees Ratty. In my opinion, the characters in the film didn’t look as I pictured them but they did behave in the same way as I imagined them to. I enjoyed both the book and the film but I preferred the film because I got to see the characters moving and I liked the music in the background.
Take care
Daniel

Reply to this thread

Dylan Williams wrote:

This is my Toad work.

7th May 2020
Toad and the Barge Woman

I agree with the barge woman when she calls Toad “A horrid, nasty, crawly Toad!”.

At the beginning of the story, Toad was a funny character because he kept changing his mind and trying new hobbies. This shows that he had no patience or concentration but he wasn't hurting anyone. He was harmless, silly and behaved like a young, crazy child.

However, later on in the story, he turns into a lunatic! He drives very fast and dangerously meaning he almost runs over other characters, like Badger, Rat and Mole. This could kill them and Toad doesn’t seem to care. When he speaks to the barge woman, he calls her “common” and “fat” which is nasty. In the book, it also says that he has a vicious temper. When Toad loses his temper, he tells the woman he is better than her. This makes me think that Toad is a snob which is not a nice or kind thing to be.

In conclusion, I think that Toad is a complicated creature. At first, he seems like fun and is easy-going but when he doesn’t get his own way, he can become quite unfair and bad-tempered.

By Dylan Williams

Reply to this thread

Ollie W wrote:

Hi everyone
These are the answers to my quiz
1) Mersey
2) Severn
3) Thames
4) Exe
5) Tweed
6) Eden
7) Trent
8) Bann
9) Dee
10) Tees

How many did you get right?

Reply to this thread

Scarlett wrote:

Thanks for the zoom lesson

Reply to this thread

Contact the School

Middlewich Primary School

Park Road,
Middlewich, Cheshire
CW10 9BS


For general enquiries or paper copies of any information published on our website, please contact the School Bursar.

Main Contact: Mrs B. Stevens

Tel: 01606 652321
admin@middlewichpri.cheshire.sch.uk

SEN Contact: Mrs V. Williams