At Middlewich Primary School we encourage children to develop curiosity and interest in the world around them. Through a creative and investigative curriculum, we make learning exciting and enjoyable. Lessons are enhanced with educational trips, visitors into school, community projects and opportunities to learn beyond the classroom.
What do our pupils say about the curriculum at Middlewich Primary School?
- "I like all of the different texts that we cover in school, especially Wolves of Currumpaw this year, because the vocabulary challenges me and I learnt a lot of new words. It also taught me lots about Mid-West America which helped with my geography too!" (year 6 pupil)
- "I like it when we do different experiments like mixing and separating using different equipment." (year 5 pupil)
- "I really enjoy playing the different team games in P.E." (year 4 pupil)
- "I’ve enjoyed learning about different countries in Europe and completing fact-files about four different countries in Europe." (year 3 pupil)
- "I liked learning about different ways that we can look after the environment." (year 2 pupil)
- "We really like using the number lines, bead strings and counters to help us in maths. We really like trying the challenges too." (year 1 pupil)
- "I liked it when we went on a nature walk." (Foundation Stage pupil)
The children's feedback shows that they have a real enthusiasm and motivation for learning because the curriculum presented to them is engaging, interesting and varied. Our children show a real desire to succeed and they enjoy opportunities to try new things.
Click on each curriculum area to find out more about what our children enjoy learning about in each subject.